Info Tech Corporation of Goa Limited (ITG) formerly known as the Electronics Corporation of Goa Ltd. (ECGL) has been set up by the Government of Goa to promote overall growth of the state's economy through the use of Information Technology. From 1990 to 1996, the company did not carry out any activities and was therefore defunct. In 1996, Government decided to entrust the work of development of infrastructure for IT Industry to this Corporation and initiated its activities in 1997.
The objectives include:
The main objectives of ITG are as follows:
- Creation of IT Infrastructure for promotion of IT Industry in the state of Goa by establishing, lT / Cyber Cities, Parks, Townships, including infrastructure and communication faculties such as development of Land, Plots, Construction of Roads, Water supply facility, Electricity supply, Drainage, Telephone etc.
- To support and assist the Government in development of e-Governance applications required to be developed to serve citizens and business.
- To undertake software development projects selected by the Government.
- To undertake the activities of providing required hardware to various Government departments as directed by the Government.
- To undertake the activities of local area network and UPS connectivity required to connect IT hardware and UPS etc. in various Government departments as directed by the Government.
- Help and promote IT and IT Enabled Service Industries in the state of Goa.
Info Tech Corporation of Goa Limited (ITGL) (erstwhile Electronics Corporation of Goa Limited) was incorporated on 18th April, 1990 with EDC Ltd., GIDC and GHRSSIDC as shareholders. From 14.03.2006 the Company became a Government company with Government of Goa holding major shares (80.47 percent) represented by Department of Information Technology.
Revenue Generation of the Corporation:
- AMC of ICT equipments
- Consultancy for Union Territories of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu
- Supply of laptops under Cyberage Scheme
- Supply of Tablets for Standard V and VI
- The major revenue is generated from the lease of plots at Rajiv Gandhi IT Habitat, Dona Paula and STP Complex, Verna.
- The Corporation is implementing E-Governance Project and on completion of milestones ITG Charges of 10% on Software Development & 5% of Supply and installation of Computer Hardware and peripherals.
- Besides, the corporation has also generated income on Infogram project and Computerization of GMC project.